The days may seem slow, but the years fly by and 2019 is no different. Here’s a look at what we’ve had our eyes on with just three months and change left until 2020.
- The Big Short part deux: passive investing? That’s the view from Michael Burry, according to Bloomberg. (Related: passive funds have officially surpassed active funds in AUM.)
- Asset managers as corporate cops? Institutional Investor asks whether the BlackRocks, Vanguards and State Streets of the world should play a role to help keep companies on the straight and narrow.
- Fighting over trend-following. The Financial Times reports on hedge funds squabbling over whether the strategy still works in a post-financial crisis world.
- The Fed just may be in a no-win situation, says Randy Forsyth in Barron’s.
- We all seek the signal, not the noise, but what do you do when it all sounds like noise? Ben Carlson explores at A Wealth of Common Sense.